Earthworks Icon Pro
Earthworks is a company renowned for their naturalistic, high-end sound—and now that sound is conveniently available for podcasters in the Earthworks Icon Pro Streaming XLR Microphone. This microphone brings the build quality and tone of a pro-studio microphone to the home-broadcasting or streaming environment. Whether you make unboxing videos, stream game play, or host a podcast, the Icon Pro will provide a clarity of recording that can help you stand out from the pack.
The microphone certainly looks the part, with its stainless steel finish and its broadcast-style, end-address capsule. But more important is the sound: Earthworks have crafted a mic that responds incredibly to the human voice, all while rejecting room sound, minimizing handling noise, and keeping any self-noise to a thankful minimum—even when you're recording at high volumes.
Delivers a Great Sound
This is an end-address small-diaphragm condenser microphone with a cardioid polar pattern for minimizing the sound of acoustically imperfect rooms. On the tech side, the mic has been fashioned to deliver a rise speed of 11.7 microseconds, which means it reacts quickly and impeccably to the subtleties of your voice. A hand-tuned, extended-frequency response of 20 Hz to 30 kHz ensures the mic not only reacts to your voice, but captures it in a true-to-life manner.
The microphone works out of the box with your audio interface to deliver studio-quality sound right off the bat. It's able to handle an SPL of up to 139 dB, which is quite high, and will come in handy for video-game playthroughs where one might be audibly surprised by the sudden arrival of a virtual enemy. Low-noise construction means the mic won't generate hiss or other machine sounds when driven hard. And, a built-in pop filter ensures you won't incur p-pops from plosives, so you can say phrases like "p-pops from plosives" without distorting the recording.
Quality Accessories for a Quality Product
The Icon Pro offers an integrated M2-R ball adapter, so you can mount the mic on any stand or boom. This mount comes courtesy of Triad Orbit, a company famous for their studio-quality modular mic stands and mic-placement solutions. A 3/8" thread is also included to bolster compatibility with all sorts of stands.
- Premium microphone for content creators of all kinds
- Small-diaphragm condenser capsule offers lifelike vocal capture
- Cardioid polar pattern rejects off-axis sounds
- Durable steel body stands up to hard use
- 20Hz–30kHz frequency response covers the entire range of human hearing
- Requires +48V phantom power for operation
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 30kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: 20mV/Pa (-34dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 24-48v Phantom Power
- Peak Acoustic Input: 139dB SPL
- Output: XLR (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 65Ω balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min Output Load: 600Ω between pins 2 & 3
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 79dB (A weighted)
- Noise: 16dB SPL (A weighted)
- Dimensions L x D: 40.6 x L: 129.5 mm
- Weight: 0.68kg