Jackson JS Series Spectra Bass JS2 - Gloss Black
Value-packed Jackson Bass
The Jackson JS Series Spectra Bass JS2 packs plenty of punch — and sleek looks to boot — with its poplar body, maple neck, and active P/J pickups. The Spectra Bass JS2 comes equipped with two Jackson active pickups, ready for you to dial in your ideal tone. And for a commanding feel, the thin neck is topped with a smooth laurel fingerboard and jumbo frets for effortless playability. If you're looking for a seriously playable bass at a great price, look no further than the Jackson JS Series Spectra Bass JS2.
Versatile active P/J pickup configuration
Whether you're recording direct in the studio or plugged into a massive tube amp stack onstage, enough can't be said about the usefulness of playing a bass with both P- and J-Style pickups. There's nothing like the fat, punchy sound of a split single-coil pickup in the middle position. It sits in a track like nobody's business. And being able to dial in the perfect amount J-Style growl from the bridge pickup is nothing short of tonal nirvana. It's really the best of both worlds. And the P/J pickups in the Jackson JS Series Spectra Bass JS2 are active, so they sound huge, with plenty of output to drive long cable runs, your effects chain, and your amp.
Built with unbeatable Jackson quality
Jackson's JS series incorporates Jackson's three-plus decades of instrument-building expertise, and the Spectra Bass JS2 is no exception. You get resonant tonewoods, high-output electronics, and a fast neck with a silky smooth fingerboard, all at a price that belies its performance. Many guitarists and bassists at Sweetwater (and worldwide) are fiercely loyal Jackson players. Check out the JS Series Spectra Bass JS2 and you'll know why.
- Poplar body, gloss black finish
- 1-piece maple neck, Thin U profile, 34" scale length, satin finish
- Laurel fingerboard, 12" radius, 24 jumbo frets, dot inlays
- Middle pickup: Jackson J-Style active single-coil
- Neck pickup: Jackson P-Style split active single-coil
- Master Volume control (push/pull for active/passive)
- Pickup Blend control; Bass Boost control (active only)
- Jackson Hardtail bridge
- 1.5" plastic nut; Jackson Sealed Die-cast tuners
- Factory strings: 45–100, standard tuning
- Dual-action truss rod, headstock access
Here’s what Jackson says about the JS Series Spectra Bass JS2:
The brand-new offset body style was designed with the artist in mind. The poplar body with large upper horn evenly distributes weight throughout the instrument, providing perfect balance by reducing neck dive for hours of comfortable playing. A bolt-on maple neck with scarf joint design provides rock-solid reliability, while the speed neck contour and 12" radius laurel fingerboard with 24 frets make for lightning-fast playability.
The Spectra Bass JS2 provides a sound that is as unique as the bassist playing it. Whether it be funk, hard rock or gospel, a colossal Jackson J-style bridge pickup and P-style neck pickup deliver a range of punchy growls or lucid tones, while the hardtail bridge provides enhanced stability, improved sustain and bolder timbre.
Tone can be refined and tweaked with the blend, bass boost and volume controls (with a push/pull selector to bypass or engage the active circuit for the bass boost). With the push/pull selector, you’ll never have to fear a battery running out and losing sound. A quick pull on the volume knob will bypass the active circuit, making it easy to regain sound from the bass without the use of battery power.
Highly affordable, the 4-string Spectra Bass JS2 comes in an array of stunning finishes with black hardware and a unique 2x2 headstock with an understated J logo.
- Number of Strings: 4
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Body Shape: Spectra JS2
- Body Material: Poplar
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Color: Black
- Neck Material: 1-piece Maple
- Neck Shape: Thin U
- Radius: 12"
- Fingerboard Material: Laurel
- Fingerboard Inlay: Dots
- Number of Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Scale Length: 34"
- Nut Width: 1.5"
- Nut Material: Plastic
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Jackson Hardtail
- Tuners: Jackson Sealed Die-cast
- Neck Pickup: Jackson P-style Split Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup: Jackson J-style Single-coil
- Controls: 1 x master volume (push/pull for active/passive), 1 x pickup blend, 1 x bass boost (active only)
- Strings: .045-.100