Jackson X Series Soloist SL3XM DX - Satin Black
A stylishly contoured poplar body and pure Jackson neck-through-body construction ensure ergonomic comfort during long sets along with monstrous sustain and smooth playing all the way up to the 24th jumbo fret. Graphite-reinforcement rods run through the maple neck, protecting it against environmental depredations, while the ultra-fast 12"-16" compound radius bound maple fingerboard is built from the get-go for easy chording and riffing near the nut and rapid, fret-out-free leads as you move up the neck.
The SL3XM DX comes loaded with a select power trio of Duncan Designed™ pickups; high-output HR-101 Hot Rails single-coil pickups in the middle and neck positions are matched to a powerful HB-103B humbucking bridge pickup for complementary harmonics and highly dynamic responsiveness. Harness the sonic horsepower of these pickups with five-way pickup blade switching and single volume and tone controls.
The recessed Floyd Rose® Special double-locking tremolo bridge system is fluidly easy to use, ensuring that your axe precisely returns to its original tuning after every dive-bomb or harmonic squeal.
Loaded with purebred Jackson DNA and unbelievable value, the X Series Soloist SL3XM DX in Satin Black bears Jackson’s traditional appointments—black hardware, dome-style control knobs, black sharkfin fingerboard inlays, zebra pickups covers and the famous Jackson pointed 6-in-line black headstock.
A 21st-century Axe with Classic Shred Styling
If you dig classic shred styling, but demand modern high-performance features, the Jackson X Series Soloist SL3XM DX will make you a force to be reckoned with. Benefit from ultra-fast playability, thanks to a compound-radius fretboard, and incredible sustain and stability, courtesy of a graphite-reinforced through-body neck. Enjoy a massive array of scorching tones, thanks to a trio of high-octane Duncan Designed pickups. And when it comes time to unleash your arsenal of whammy bar tricks, this solidbody electric guitar's Floyd Rose double-locking tremolo will effortlessly oblige. Classic shark fin fingerboard inlays, aggressive-looking black hardware, and a light-catching gloss finish round out the X Series Soloist SL3XM DX.
Compound-radius fingerboard provides the best of both worlds
The X Series Soloist SL3XM DX sports a compound-radius maple fingerboard with jumbo frets. Down low, your fretting hand will appreciate the 12-inch radius that keeps things comfortable for natural, relaxed chord work. Up top, a 16-inch radius lays it all out flat for effortless, low-action high-speed runs with monumental string bends without fretting out — providing you with the best of both worlds. What's more, the Soloist SL3XM DX's neck-through-body design elicits near-endless sustain; built-in graphite reinforcement rods increase neck stability, making it highly resistant to temperature and humidity changes.
A flexible assortment of Duncan Designed pickups
Great feel is only part of the equation. That's why Jackson equipped the X Series Soloist SL3XM DX with a pair of Duncan Designed HR-101 Hot Rails and a hot-rodded HB-103B humbucker. We found that this versatile pickup configuration delivers an abundance of useful tones. Whether you want it clean and glassy or rude and crunchy, the Soloist SL3XM DX has you covered.
Floyd Rose tremolo dive-bombs with the best of them
For expressive performance, the Jackson X Series Soloist SL3XM DX comes armed with a Floyd Rose Special. This double-locking tremolo is exclusively crafted for Floyd Rose, maintaining a feel and response akin to their classic designs, while utilizing zinc alloy saddles and a zinc alloy sustain block. Thanks to this trem, the Soloist SL3XM DX tolerates depraved amounts of whammy bar abuse without going out of tune. So, shriek, flutter, squeal, dive-bomb, make crazy animal sounds — the Soloist SL3XM DX is equipped for it all.
- Classic shred-style solidbody electric guitar tailored to modern guitarists
- Compound-radius fingerboard yields ultra-fast playability
- Graphite-reinforced through-body neck provides incredible sustain and stability
- Flexible assortment of Duncan Designed pickups delivers an abundance of useful tones
- Floyd Rose Special double-locking tremolo for twisting, bending, and dive-bombing
- Classic shark fin fingerboard inlays, aggressive-looking black hardware, and light-catching gloss finish
- Number of Strings: 6
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Body Type: Solidbody
- Body Shape: X Series Soloist
- Body Material: Poplar
- Body Finish: Satin
- Color: Black
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Speed Neck
- Neck Joint: Neck-through
- Radius: 12"-16" compound
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Inlay: Black Sharkfins
- Number of Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Nut Width: 1.6875"
- Nut Material: Floyd Rose Special Locking
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Floyd Rose Double-locking Tremolo
- Tuners: Jackson Sealed Die-cast
- Neck Pickup: Duncan Designed HR-101 Hot Rails Single-coil
- Middle Pickup: Duncan Designed HR-101 Hot Rails Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup: Duncan Designed HB-103B Humbucker
- Controls: 1 x master volume, 1 x master tone
- Switching: 5-way blade pickup switch
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel, .009-.042
- Manufacturer Part Number: 2916344568