Nova KIRA 18 SC
18” corner mount premium subwoofer / 1.000 W (RMS)
The KIRA18SC subwoofer is specifically designed for installation in corners. The technical base is a heavy-duty 18" transducer with an impressive 4" voice coil. Thus the KIRA18SC is extremely powerful, works installed at very low frequencies from 25 Hz and is a real problem solver for architecturally demanding sound reinforcement applications. The triangular design enables an installation in corners, both on walls and on ceilings. Once installed in a corner, the surfaces of a wall or a ceiling couple acoustically and work similar as a large horn.
This coupling strengthens the efficiency of the subwoofer significantly and enlarges the frequency range down to very low 25 Hz. The efficiency of the higher bass frequencies is adjusted by a matching controller preset. Thus, the KIRA18SC provides an amazingly fundamental subwoofer experience. The mounting kit is included in the delivery. The metal frame has integrated rubber pads, which provide an acoustic decoupling of walls and ceilings. The mounting kit allows a very comfortable assembly of the subwoofer and can be also used as useful drilling template. Firstly, the frame can be attached to the wall or ceiling. Secondly, the KIRA18SC can be inserted and screwed into the frame. The chassis oft he KIRA18SC is constructed from 15 mm plywood (birch) and covered with black texture finish. The cabinet is equipped with a front grill with transparent charcoal foam backing. Two speakon connectors (NL4) are mounted at the rear side of the chassis for signal input (input) and signal link (link). The power rating of the KIRA18SC is 1.000 W (RMS), the impedance is 8 ohms.
High-resolution coaxial speakers
The KIRA family comprises four high-grade, passive 2-way coaxial speakers for ambitious users. All KIRA models convince with maximum dynamics and excellent, natural sound quality. The KIRA18SC is a high-performance subwoofer and a real problem solver, which is designed especially for the installation in corners. The KIRA coaxial speakers are the professional solution for fixed installation and rental productions. The compact design is elegant and unobtrusive, making the KIRA series a discreetly acting PA solution. The coaxial technology allows for a compact design and constant tonal balance over distance, giving the KIRA series smooth coverage for off-axis audiences, no minimum listening distance and high feedback rejection.
The wide radiating high-frequency drivers provide a natural sound up to very high frequencies. The coaxial transducer arrangement produces a 90° axisymmetric directivity output, which enables the use for horizontal and vertical alignments. The integrated passive crossovers ensure a well-balanced sound character. Four different speaker sizes open a very wide range of applications, from background music up to club reinforcement as well as sophisticated live applications. The speaker fronts are protected by stable front grills with acoustic foam backing. Each coaxial KIRA model includes an U-bracket in the delivery as standard. This enables an installation on walls and ceilings. The optional LSA1 tripod adapter let the speakers operate on a speaker stand or distance rod. The integrated M10 inserts are used for mounting the U-brackets or a truss clamp. All coaxial KIRA models operate full range or in combination with various subwoofers.
- Unique triangular design
- High performance 18“ transducer with 4“ voice coil
- Mounting frame included in delivery (as standard)
- System Type: 18", subwoofer, triangular design
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): Freefield: 38 Hz - 1.000 Hz / Corner mounted: 22 Hz - 1.000 Hz
- Frequency Response (±3 dB): Freefield: 44 Hz - 800 kHz / Corner mounted: 25 Hz - 800 kHz
- Coverage Pattern: Omni, hornloaded at corner mount
- Power Rating
- (Continuous** / Program): Passive: 1.000 W / 2.000 W
- Maximum SPL***: 134 dB SPL peak
- System Sensitivity (1w/1m): 98 dB SPL
- LF Driver: 1 x NOVA 18/1000 EL, 4“ voice coil woofer
- LF Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms (passive)
- Active Tunings: External Signal Processing
- Enclosure: 15 mm, plywood (multi layer)
- Suspension / Mounting: Prepared for mounting kit (included)
- Finish: Black lacquer finish
- Grille: Powder coated, black, perforated steel with acoustic , transparent charcoal foam backing, NOVA logo
- Input Connectors: 2 x Neutrik© Speakon© NL4, 2+/2- (1+/1- linked from input to output)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 618 mm x 700 mm x 315 mm
- Net Weight: 29 kg
- Accessories:Mounting frame, included in delivery as standard